Back to Careers
Business Operations Manager
Renewable Energy Everywhere, For Everyone
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
The role of Business Operations Manager will help lead and mentor the Business Operations team and play a major role supporting & improving the Enrollment, Validation, Allocation, Billing & Payment operational processes and functional capabilities. This person will lead a small team that will work to ensure the internal business processes during the account lifecycle of a community solar subscriber are being met to deliver an exceptional customer experience, while supporting and providing deliverables to our clients from project implementation through steady state operations. This individual will also interact within the entire organization including Customer Acquisition, Account Management, Product & Engineering, and Leadership on any company wide goals, missions or initiatives that arise. The Business Operations Manager will report to the Director, Subscriber Experience.
- Operate with an orientation for business outcomes, using data and process management to drive continuous improvement with OKRs as guiding principles for organizational success
- Support core business functions to achieve KPIs
- Continually evaluate existing processes and workflows while implementing improvements
- Collaborate with multiple departments to deploy new sales channel integrations and support
- Interface with Product & Engineering to continually enhance Ampion’s enterprise platform
- Understand new market entry requirements and maintain regulatory compliance for Ampion’s portfolio of clients
Essential Attributes At Ampion, who you are as a person and professional is as important as the experiences you bring to the team. We have high expectations, which translate to a supportive set of colleagues and a rewarding culture.
- Positive, optimistic attitude that emphasizes superlative experiences for clients and team
- Strong bias towards mentorship and leadership over the professional development of those around them
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- 5+ years of business operational/implementation experience
- 3+ years of energy industry experience preferred
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Advanced excel modeling skills and basic statistical literacy
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceive of and develop new tools and processes
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
Social justice is at the center of Ampion's mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com