Back to Careers
Residential Field Sales Manager
Location/Territory: Bangor/Downeast Maine
Are you looking for a fast paced, growth opportunity where you can leverage your sales skills and management experience while also doing good for the world? Look no further than Ampion Renewable Energy, a Public-Benefits Corporation, who is a market leader in Community Energy. With state-of-the-art technology to allow our energy projects to provide clean energy and savings to each subscriber under management, we’re looking to expand our acquisition capabilities through the addition of a residential Field Sales Manager to support our growing demand in Maine.
Ampion is seeking an experienced residential Field Sales Manager to develop Ampion’s residential field sales capabilities specifically in the Versant utility service territory (Bangor region and Downeast) of Maine. Alongside Marketing and Acquisition leadership, the Field Sales Manager will develop a field sales strategy that combines door-to-door canvassing, event tabling, local marketing, and partnership building to effectively reach residential consumers and convert them into subscribers faster than ever before. Candidates will have a deep understanding of the region, their communities and know how to best influence this consumer market. You will be responsible for hiring a team of field sales representatives to help you carry out your ground strategy and achieve your quarterly and annual sales goals. As a front line manager, you will not only set the course for your team and coordinate their daily activity, but will also sell alongside them. Candidates must be ambitious, entrepreneurial and willing to roll their sleeves up in order to succeed.
- Achieve residential sales targets on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Recruit, hire and train field sales representatives to produce a high volume of weekly sales activity and production
- Coordinate weekly schedules and strategy for your team of field sales representatives
- Develop local partnerships to enable tabling and other in-person selling opportunities at local businesses and organizations
- Assist in territory marketing efforts
- Hold team and individuals accountable to activity and production Key Performance Indicators
- Management experience and proven success in a door-to-door sales or canvassing role
- Track record of achieving quotas, targets and goals
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about sales, coaching and management
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel across Bangor region and Downeast Maine
- Proven ability to network, build relationships to build trust and rapport with a variety of prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and ability to work with multiple IT platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google, Slack and familiarity with CRM systems including Salesforce is preferred
- Background or interest for clean energy, sustainability or related environmental field
- Excitement towards a fast-paced, startup work environment - it can be messy at times!
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org