Back to Careers
Clean Renewable Energy for Everyone
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
The Sales Executive is expected to be an outstanding communicator who can excite, educate and close medium and small businesses on a subscription agreement to their local community solar farm. This fast-paced, high-volume role is designed to spur your curiosity, leverage your creativity, and test your ambition and grit. The Sales Executive position also requires someone who is equally process-oriented as they are passionate about community solar and distributed energy.
As part of the Direct Sales Team, you’ll conduct outreach campaigns into key markets and verticals, and run the full sales cycle to contract businesses into community solar programs. Success in this role will require an understanding of market dynamics, experience prospecting leads, generating interest, and closing new business to meet and exceed sales quotas.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Sales Executive role will have you engaging with businesses and other organizations to sell Ampion’s unique community solar subscription offerings. This is a full sales cycle role with a quota responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Maintain a high volume of outreach activities on a daily and weekly basis primarily through phone calls and email
- Generate leads from multiple sources and contact small-medium commercial utility customers via cold calls and emails
- Guide prospects from qualification through close of sale by educating all decision-makers on the Community Solar program and subscriber agreement throughsales meetings, phone calls and emails
- Develop and leverage your book of business and network to grow your referral sales
- Collect subscriber data to validate community solar subscriber eligibility
- Record all sales activities daily in CRM
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Experience and proven success in a sales role or in a services industry
- Ability to build trust and rapport with prospective subscribers, providing clients with top-notch subscriber service
- Experience with mass marketing strategies, both digital and in-person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, for audiences both familiar and unfamiliar with energy programs, and the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Proficiency and ability to work with multiple IT platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google, Slack and familiarity with CRM systems including Salesforce is preferred
Equal Opportunity Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org