Back to Careers
Senior DevOps Engineer
Renewable Energy Everywhere, For Everyone
We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
Ampion’s software is a critical differentiator for the company and what allows us to scale efficiently. As a DevOps Engineer, you will provide technical expertise in deploying applications to the Cloud and to internal systems. You will need to have knowledge in GCP and containerization as you will be building functional systems to support various applications and services. You will be working in conjunction with the development and operations teams to build and manage infrastructure, processes and systems. A keen attention to detail with strong problem solving skills is required as you will be helping to streamline processes and automate them where applicable.
- Design, build, scale, and secure GCP, AWS, and Heroku application infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code processes and tools like Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Golang
- Work with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations.
- Implement best practices for configuration management, build, and deployment automation to create an efficient and secure developer experience
- Support, monitor, alarm always-up environments – productionand sandboxes
- Provide insights and expertise on security questions such as access control, change management, Encryption, DR, Resiliency, DLP, key management, IDS/IPS
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years experience in a DevOps role supporting production platforms on one of the major public cloud providers. GCP preferred.
- Understanding and passion for developing highly secure systems.
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing deployments in GCP or other cloud environments
- Experience with one or more scripting languages suchas Python, bash
- Golang experience a plus!
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com